View Single Post
      01-29-2020, 09:31 PM   #395
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
A few quick things about Miata's, having had a NA and now a ND/RF.

1. If you have a tall torso, they can be a tight fit. (I think the ND is a bit tighter than the NA, at least on the RF). I'm 6' with a 37.5" torso and riding in a ND is..... unpleasant unless the top is down.

2. They can be INVISIBLE-- they're small, short and don't have a lot of mass. Semi's flat-out just don't see them. So, drive very, very defensively. My best friend got run off the road in one-- the other driver just didn't see her. She got a SUV shortly thereafter.

3. Overall, they're a flat-out hoot to drive. My wife's "fun sized" and her RDX is gathering dust as the RF has more or less become her primary car.

R.
Im 6' and my knee is pretty much against the wheel; not necessarily uncomfortable, just a tad tight. I'll probably ditch the stock arm rest for a door pull, and that will give me some extra room for my left leg. But +1 on the invisibility aspect of it. I do a couple thousand miles a month on a motorcycle, so I'm used to defensive driving, but if you go at it with the "No one can see me" attitude you'll do just fine. The size is 50% of the fun of the car!
Appreciate 0