03-12-2019, 01:22 PM   #40
Rupes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (current), E90 330xi (w

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
If I may, another vote for keeping politics out of these discussions. That's what the OT forum is for.

As for quality comments - I'll suggest that a very high percentage of our fresh food comes from Mexico, and a lot of the labor already present in our country to prepare our food, assemble our gadgets and build our homes are Mexican or otherwise Hispanic. And there's no reason why a car assembled in the USA or Mexico or Canada is any better or worse than one assembled in Germany or South Africa. Presumably they are all made of the same parts and follow the same requirements and the same QA.
It's a nice thought, but real world case studies would prove otherwise. Some nations have a history/background in things that cannot be easily replicated just by following strict QA from the parent company. Making good food and being in the construction industry doesn't translate to building a buttoned up car.

I'm sure vehicles coming from Mexico are "fine," but all things equal, I'll take a German made car any day.
Appreciate 0