View Single Post
      06-16-2019, 06:53 PM   #3
wellvrsd
Rep
Drives: M2, Many e30's, 330ci, 335d

I just got back from a drive where I was really concentrating on the clutch pedal position when the clutch engaged, and varying my rpm shift points, as well as how fast I cycled the pedal, and there is now no doubt in my mind that this was a great mod for me. The clutch is engaging at the same point in pedal travel every time regardless of how I'm driving the car or cycling the clutch. Now muscle memory can get to know the spot, helping me to make better shifts.

If you are wondering if you should do this, you need to ask yourself one or two questions. First, is something about shifting bothering you? If not, don't fix what isn't broken. If something is, go do the test I talked about above. Concentrate on pedal position at engagement. Vary your shift points and speed of pedal actuation. Do lots of 1-2 shifts. If you come out of this test feeling like your pedal position at clutch engagement is moving around, I believe you will be very happy doing this mod.

Last thing if you're still on the fence, this mod is easily reversible. You don't have to irreversibly change anything, you're just going in and removing the CDV and the rubber spacer. If you take them out and don't like the way the car drives, put them back in. And the job should go way faster the second time now that you've learned all the tricks.
Appreciate 2
Poochie9104.50