01-05-2021, 06:45 PM   #34
AxM2CS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E28 535i >E39 528iT >E39 540i6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post
Thanks for the therapy guys....

That's the problem I'm having...scope creep. Can I afford a $11,000 detail? Fortunately yes. Can I just have the bumper ppf and ppf the sweet CF hood and roof? Likely not...so then eventually it becomes the entire car.

Last time I had my entire car done...driving along the highway a week later and guess what! Rock in the windshield. I chose not to get the windshield done because of the extreme caution you need not to accidently turn on your wipers when dry.

So then I'm back to square 1. Why not go old school on it? My washing techniques are really good....but then again my car is SBM as well.

Fortunately I didn't get CUP 2's because I had them on my Shelby GT350R and realized it's overkill for a street car. So I don't have the super sticky tire issue.

Again thanks for the responses..they are helping thus far.

I'm going to start with the DIY and see how long that will last me. Knowing all my other cars are detailed to a higher level, it will be interesting to see how I can cope with the DIY. But then again all my other cars are 1988-1995 so I couldn't personally detail those to show condition. I don't have those skills. But I can take a new car and try to preserve it.

I hate detailing but love washing. I use it as therapy. I was actually cleaning the wheels in 20 degree temps last weekend and didn't mind one bit. Had to keep breaking up the frozen water in the bucket.

Keep the opinions coming please, I don't judge or bite. I've been thru it all.
Hey - who's your detailer in MD? PM me if you'd prefer. Getting a couple of quotes in NoVA. $11K is pricey but you're making a strong testimonial.

SA emailed me today that my car's been released from Port of Baltimore (hope yours is too, Supadice - any day now!!)
Appreciate 0