I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmalley92 View Post
Lol. I think your responses are great because you know what gets on N55 guys nerves.

If I was willing to spend the extra money, I would buy an M2 comp all day everyday.
I wouldn't... The S55 sounds like farts, to me. It sounds like a pair of 3cyl motors strapped to a shared exhaust, because that's effectively what it is.

3cyls aren't really known for their sound, you don't hear people with 1L Fiestas saying how wicked they are.

If you aren't bothered by the sound, that's great for you! You've got a car that's easier to make more power with, if that's your thing.

To me, the sound is one of the top 5 factors in car enjoyment to me though. I like the N55. (It's no S65, but it's fine for what it is.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
I can't remember if I asked you before, but how do the 6MTs compare? Do you notice the after-shift lag on the M2 that people complain about sometimes?
I can't compare to an E9x, but I can say that the M2 (as well as all F8x M cars) have clutch delay valves, so this definitely affects the "interface." There is also purposeful post-shift "rev hang" that the ECU does to help smooth upshifts - it's like the auto-blip feature but in reverse.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.

Last edited by ZPrime; 05-27-2020 at 11:38 PM..
Appreciate 0