02-06-2020, 12:30 AM   #18
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2driverWV View Post
I've been working through this and not able to figure out how the FEM module talks to the FLE modules per channel to change the output on the foglight switch. I was able to code both FLE modules to make the DRL 100% with low/high beam on. This will be good enough for now, just would like to understand how I could call the foglight switch to active the DRL via FLE module.
I wish I had access to a LCI vehicle, just to be able to perform some trial and error coding, in order to determine which coding values are applicable and common between the LCI & the Pre-LCI.

I did notice with some newer, LCI loaner cars I had briefly, the late model F-Series with LED headlights and all G-Series vehicle now uses a BDC (Body Domain Controller) & a FLE (Frontal Light Module) to control lighting system.

These two new modules are way more complicated in its arrangement of parameters & values and some simple changes require a lot more intricate, individual fine-tuning, in comparison to the FEM module for the Xenon Pre-LCI, of which it's arrangement is very rudimentary and "check-box" - like in its required adjustments.

I guess in a way, this is good and bad. One being the dedicated FLE module for the lighting system allows for more precise adjustment, than the FEM of which the options are more clustered but on flip side, it's more complicated in making user-friendly coding changes, that we've all come to grown and love

For instance, on the Pre-LCIs, the headlight side marker, brow, rings, ect are all controlled by the FEM module, for simplicity sake but on the LCI with LED headlights, the Side Markers are probably not controlled from the FEM but a FLE module.

So I can't say with a 100% certainly which coding parameters work for the LCI, unless I test the theory, as it's a different MO and not a simple P&P between the Pre-LCI & LCI.
Appreciate 0