02-03-2020, 06:03 PM   #16
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
Not at all...… I'm a 100lbs lighter and I still can get the car corner balanced.

If your a good enough driver to notice a difference in where the weight is on the 4 corners during a autocross run or HPDE I'd be impressed!

100-200 lbs off the M2C will help in several ways.
100 lbs off the rear on an already front heavy car is huge and you'll definitely notice it. The effect you'll feel is more understeer with the front pushing more, and easier power on over steer. Essentially the car will be harder to control with more initial understeer and more power on over steer.

corner balancing won't help weight distribution (if the delta is really large) front and rear. You can't tweak spring rates, heights and sway bar preload enough to move that much weight front and back, unless you adjust the take rearwards and you'd have to do so significantly. Corner balancing helps most with left to right weight distribution.

Yes dropping 100lbs will help in acceleration, and it would help alot for track use if it wasn't all in the same place.