View Single Post
      10-21-2018, 08:06 PM   #17
amigo
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i AW,Coral red,Msport,09

I installed kw ddc on my 135i. About 5 years ago.
Absolutely love them. The comfort is softer than stock,[135i] just right for cruising the freeway down to tracks in the states.
Push the button twice to “sport +”and the car becomes really stiff, body roll is way down.
The “sport “ is a little too stiff on the street for me. I am an old guy and like the soft street ride, but I track 6-8 times a year.
I did not get the mobile module. I thought, who the heck am I to tune for the different tracks. Kw set them up for on the Ring so good enough for me.
But for cache’ you can download the app and show the boys that you could adjust them. Everybody goes wow, cool.
I installed them myself with a very handy friend, hoist at his house and all the tools.
Drove it to the alignment shop. It was close to impossible to drive. The alignment shop said how the hell did you drive it here. The toe and camber are so far out, with the new bits.
Oh yes, fogot. At the same time I put in the M3 control arms, and links, that where a straight bolt in on the 135i.
Wiring was quite easy, just follow the instructions exactly.
Put my button low down on the left side of dash, just above the hood release. This way I did not have to get the wires into the centre of the car. I could just peel back the edge of the carpet along the sides. Every corner needs to get to the computer and then the button wired to the computer.
Only mistake is, I tie strapped one corner wire too tight to the body. Suspension moves, oh well.
The wire pulled off the coilover. I was lucky, as enough wire was left that I could solder it back together and seal it. And, Of course adjust the tie downs at the other 3 corners.
Appreciate 0