Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatfoot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntzUntzUntz View Post
Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of ordering my M2C and prior to ordering I thought I'd ask a question or two from fellow members that are more experienced, and this thread looks to be it.

1) can prices be negotiated prior to order being placed? If so, can the negotiated price be locked-in to prevent it from protential price fluctuation when it arrives?

2) has anyone done the M Performance Center Delivery in South Carolina? is it worth doing that as an experience upon delivery?

3) bmwusa.com doesn't have the whole M Performance line listed out (example M Performance Steering wheel), is this something BMW will add at the factory or the port? Just out of curiosity, what happens to the original parts after purchasing M Performance Parts? do they just keep it for themselves?

And just a side note, they're ETA is minimum 4 months.. wonderful lol

Thank you!!!!
Just a side note about the BMW accessories, as JCZ5 mentioned they are on the BMW website. For some reason, the prices listed on the BMW website are actually cheaper as opposed to ordering them port installed. I assume they are taking into account some form of "installation cost" when they add it to your car at port. For example ,I think the stainless steel pedals on the BMW website are ~$160. On the build sheet they come up as option Z24 $280. Just an FYI for you!
That is true, but also important to point out you will be charged by the dealer for installation. I did take a look and if you were to get them installed by dealer, the installation + part is actually more than the cost you see on the website. I have heard that all in, it is cheaper if getting it port installed vs. dealer.

Also true that you don't get the standard parts back. I think that is important if you're buying MP Coilovers, exhaust, wheels. Those are costly items, especially the wheels which you can easily resell. Now replacing the mirror caps and diffuser, I don't really care since I doubt someone will want to buy a plastic diffuser or mirror cap