View Single Post
      11-16-2021, 10:10 AM   #33
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

"My question for you - in terms of rear offset would you prefer an exact replication of the OE offset ie: 40? or something slightly lower in the et36-8 range for a bit more aggression while still fitting OE tires?"

I really like the Cup2 240* tires "CS" in stock size, they stick and are still playful and I don't want to stretch them on wider rims.

Personally I'm ok with stock offsets but a few mm like ET 38 is ok too. What I've found is that too much poke with sticky tires means fenders with road rash. It's not as much of an issue on the track but in the mountain twisties it happens a lot. No amount of xpel can completely protect from sharp gravel.

IMHO the Edelweiss offsets are just a little bit too aggressive at ET20 and ET33. I'm sure people with fat coilovers might disagree. You only have to analyze the popularity of the stock BMW 763M wheels to see that there is a huge street market for a near stock size light forged wheel. I think with a super light wheel like the one you're proposing that competes with the 763s would sell like hotcakes!
Appreciate 2