United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
So I have an update using my method with various emulators to prevent the need for any coding. Unfortunately, it looks like some coding may still be required, depending on how far you want to go with a plug-n-play solution. The good news is all emulators that I mentioned using in my previous posts still work for both the passenger and driver side. The passenger side still works with no coding necessary. But I ran into a snag when testing the driver side.

After completing the wiring on the drivers side seat base, I plugged in the seat base for a test - I got a driver seat restraint error. After pulling codes with both BimmerLink and ISTA, the driver restraint errors were all linked to the driver seat module being missing. The specific error was: C95409 Driver seat module (seat memory): Module does not send. Further research revealed the following. US cars have a dual stage air bag (for both driver and passenger). The dual stage takes into account the position of the seat to determine how much force the air bag will deploy in an accident. The passenger side uses a separate seat position sensor for this purpose (I retained mine from the used passenger seat base I am using). The driver side stores the seat position in the driver seat module. So, no driver seat module, no driver seat position storage and input, you get the driver restraint error. Even though this error revolves around the missing driver seat module, it is still stored in the ASCM module - hence the driver restraint error.

So, you can either re-use your driver seat module (for a 100% plug-n-play solution) or just code off (nicht_aktiv) the driver seat position parameters, which should be:

Sitzpositionsensor_Fahrer (Driver seat position sensor)
Sitzpositionsensorserkennung_Sitzmemory_Fahrer (Driver seat position sensor memory)

Other seat coding research I did indicated that only the driver seat position memory needs to be changed (since there is no separate driver seat position sensor, like on the passenger side). But doing both should be fine. I have not completed my install yet (seats should finally come in next week). Even though I would need to only code possibly two parameters for my setup, I still may try the complete plug-n-play method with another driver seat module - just because I like the challenge .

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 1
ebisu81079.50