View Single Post
      07-03-2021, 05:15 PM   #16
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6CylindersEveryDay View Post
They remind me of the Hi-Fi audio people who claim a $300 DAC is as good as a well reviewed $2,000 DAC just because of one output noise measurement. I'm assuming it's often because they can't afford it. When I was poor starting out after college I just thought about how awesome it will be some day to have money to buy nice stuff, I didn't try to convince myself that more expensive things were always just a rip off. Of course some things are a rip off, but the M2 CS is worth every one of my hard earned dollars.
So true. I never understood that either and I wonder if it’s the same type or individual that’s just ok where they are in life.

Most of the cars I owned had some special variant - whether it was the Integera Type R to my Integra GSR or an S2000 CR to a S2000 or M3 CS to an M3 comp

I never tried to convince myself that the top tier wasn’t worth the money or it wasn’t good enough, I used it for motivation to further elevate my financial lposition. At the end of the day you can tell through actions as opposed to words. If the m2 CS wasn’t great people wouldn’t be trying to mimic it by buying replica parts. I still remember buying type r wings, cams, and even transmission for my GSR. If I could I’d have just owned the type r but while it wasn’t achievable I still respected the car for what it was

The only thing the m2 CS doesn’t have going for it is that it’s a “2 series” and your non enthusiast will think you’re driving just that. However, in 15-20 years when these type of cars are relics I reckon it won’t matter and these will be highly sought after for their relative analog experience.

If I wanted bells and whistles I’d get an M3 comp.

Last edited by gemini.m3; 07-03-2021 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 2