View Single Post
      01-28-2021, 11:17 AM   #19
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
The Hankook RS4's are a decent all around tire. I liked the old RS3's much more than the 4's. W/O more Neg camber the tire choice is not going to make much difference in wear. Any tire on the track driven hard will wear very quickly on the outside shoulders w/o added Neg camber. So other than cost

I don't have enough info from you to really give you a spot on answer.

How many track days pr yr? Expectations on ride, tire life, performance, etc???

Increasing the front tire size will help some with understeer, but only a little. As I stated before the way to properly dial out understeer is the use of camber plates.

I've been setting up cars for Track and Auto X for 30+ yrs now. BMW's love and need Neg camber up front. If your worried about inside tire wear on the street have the plates setup and marked for street and track camber settings.

Its easy to change between the two. Most plates have 3-4 nuts that have to be loosened after you get that tire off the ground. Grab the tire and push in until the plate slides to the track setting. Retighten the nuts and that's it. At the end of the day put the plates back to the street settings.

Or, like many on the boards do they compromise with a single setup at around 2.4-2.7 Neg. Whatever you do make sure your Toe is zero on the street setting. Why? Because any toe added to a more aggressive Neg camber setting will eat the insides of your tires very, very fast.

Whatever you do make sure to post to the boards so others can see your thoughts.

Best of luck
HAZMAT
Am about to install my new suspension with Camber Plates. In regards to switching from Track setting to Street setting, how do you measure your Toe settings. Will your Toe settings change when going back to Street Camber Setting.