View Single Post
      12-16-2020, 04:32 PM   #183
Q_Subsub
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW 6MT

OP, Thanks for the great info as well as updates to how they hold up over time!

I am going to get autoflex done within a month or so (getting some body work done prior to it) and have narrowed down my color choices to either the new Isle of Man Green introduced for the G80/82 M3/4 or San Marino Blue. I want to go the Isle of Man Green route because it's a bit more new and unique but I just keep on coming back to this awesome color! If I go the SMB route, I definitely will have you and the striking photos you have to thank for that.

Interesting comment on the rock chips. Your comment suggests that autoflex could be dabbed on like touch-up paint, which runs in contrast to what the installer in my area suggested, which is to respray the whole panel in cases of larger chips. Can you confirm/elaborate on the touch up? I do drive in the mountains a lot so I get A TON of them, and having peace of mind about the chips and remedies would really be helpful. Right now, my thought is to simply ask for additional layers of spray on the front bumper, rocker panels, rear quarters and mirrors for increased protection, but perhaps I should ask the installer to leave a bit of autoflex left over for touch-up purposes.
Appreciate 0