View Single Post
      06-12-2019, 08:36 PM   #9
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlife45 View Post
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I need your help!

I have an M2C, I ordered it in 2018 ... I was the first to receive this car in my country, I tell you all this because I ordered it with the color silver Hocknhaim ... which I am have never seen in my life, my seller I've known for 10 years, recommended me this color, I thought why not, in the photos it was dark ... and the disappointment came with this foul color, I can not not to bear it ... a Taxi color ...
All this to tell you that I'm going to change color and it's been two days since I shot the forum to see the colors and I can not really decide, I need your help ...

My first idea was to make Full black with the color: Sapphire black metal, look on the forum, I discovered the Azurite Black ... after I discovered the Grgio Telesto and after the Carbon Black and Gray Singapore again
Now I'm completely lost, I do not know which color to choose ... the garage of the painting (I do not know how it is said in English? ) Told me to do Nero Daytona of Ferrari or Black Rolls after he told me advised Azurite black

I went to see my garage BMW to discuss with the seller, we spoke for 3 hours almost just colors and according to him we must leave on the Grigio Telesto because it is a special color and it would be a shame to make a simple color but he told me that the Azurite black was good too and finally Gray Singapore
I made you the best photos I could to share with you what I saw in the garage!
Colors :

Saphire Black (P1) (seen the color on a car)
Grigio Telesto (p1) (never seen)
Gray Singapor (P1) (seen the color on a car and finds it beautiful)
Nero Daytona (seen on a friend's car, it's a shiny black with gold inside)
Azurite Black (P1) (never seen but I saw the samples, it is not really black, it is a really very dark blue and with the sun, it is super beautiful and without the sun it is completely black with a very slight reflection of Blue)
P1 = preference 1
I'm not going to put the Carbon Black because I saw it on a car in the garage and it's nothing special ... a totally ugly color
That's my dilemma ... thank you in advance for your help and your opinion!

Thanks !!!

PS: sorry for misspellings, my english is not super good

I agree Carbon Black is not that good, it's like a worse version of Azurite Black or Tanzanite Blue. It's a very old paint, so no surprise.

If you are open to something slightly lighter, I highly recommend Lime Rock Gray or Donnington Gray. Those are the two best BMW gray colors by a large margin, in my opinion. I like LRG better than Grigio Telesto, it's like a bit lighter and more metallic version of it.

If you are set on black, I would actually recommend you consider Jet Black or another manufacturer's non-metallic pure black. Porsche Basalt Black is very nice as well, probably similar to the Daytona Nero. My Z4M was Black Sapphire Metallic. It's okay, but it never really looks as pure black as I wanted it.
Appreciate 0