View Single Post
      05-02-2019, 05:46 PM   #5
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu2k2 View Post
Last fall I knew I would taking the car on a long road trip and would likely exceed the 10k for the oil change, so I had a local and reputable shop change the oil. Figured I would save the dealer oil change until spring when it comes out of storage.

Fast forward to yesterday. I'm picking up my car from the dealership, and reading the paperwork. I came in for an oil change, and they returned it without changing the oil?!? Condition Based Maintenance not met.

Talk to the service manager, and as a result of resetting the oil change interval BMW won't reimburse the dealership for my oil change.

I explained (again) that I had a different shop change the oil due to my needs, and that I am due an oil change per the service agreement. He said he contact one of his engineers(?) and see what they could do, but it was unlikely...

Anyone heard of this? It seems completely insane to me. There is no record in BMW's system of me getting an extra oil change. I have more than 10k on the car, so it's not an argument regarding the annual oil change standard.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Might this need to be a warning to those out there resetting their service interval for more frequent oil changes?
Yeah I wouldn't think of it as "I get 3 or 4 free oil changes" but more that they will change the oil when needed based on the computer's recommendation. If you do it elsewhere and the CBS is reset, you are unfortunately giving up that free oil change. I get where you are coming from, but this is how it works.

I change my oil in between BMW's recommended service.

BMW - 1200 Miles
Me - 5000 Miles (don't reset CBS)
BMW - 10000 Miles
Me - 15000 Miles (don't reset CBS)
etc...
Appreciate 0