04-17-2018, 02:27 PM   #22
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Nicely done. I love it when people wrench on their own cars and are not afraid! Good work.

We need more people like you on here.

Question:

How are you going to resync the wastegate learning after a turbo replacement? This is done via OBD2 scan tool.
Thanks for the kind words! Definitely take pride in being able to do this work myself, even if it means learning as I go lol.

As far as the EWG learning - I'm not 100% certain if this will work, but I've taken very good photos of the EWG position prior to removal as well as marked the EWG arm and adjusting nuts from where they were on the OEM turbo. I'm going to do my best to line them up when I get the turbo back and hope that it is enough to satisfy the DME.

If it isn't, I have access to ISTA at home so I could try it myself. Alternatively, I'm very close with my dealership and can just have them do the procedure for me using BMW ISTA. When I hit that part of the install, I'll definitely be sure to make note of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post

This photo FTMFW!

Dude lays each part out on a labeled paper towel in a restaurant clean stainless steel cabinet. You sir, are my organizational hero!
Appreciate it! I wish I had a picture of all the bags of bolts - I'll get one and upload it lol. Each and every bolt is labelled and thrown into individual zip-lock bags. Didn't want to mix anything up or lose anything!
Appreciate 1