F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Bumping this thread for a question...

Recently got a CTEK MXS 5.0, since I don't get to drive the M2 enough and it seems to sit for weeks untouched.

Does anyone have any concerns about leaving it plugged in when no one is home for 2-3 weeks?

I don't expect any issues, but also don't want to burn down the house. If I had been using one for 1-2 years, I would be more comfortable.
No there shouldn't be any concerns because the charge isn't always charging, it stops when the battery is topped off. So the risk if a battery exploding due to over charging is minimal to zero.

When I use my ctek I always use a surge protector too, this prevents power surges (if they ever were to occur) from causing issues. So if you're going to leave your ctek unattended then get a surge protector as well.

For me I always leave my ctek unattended and plugged in for 6 months at a time when my m2 is in winter storage. Zero issues thus far, and I come out once every couple of weeks to scan for codes, rotate the tires, and check the battery level.