United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I'm playing with the temp right now to balance around town and highway. For normal street driving in cold weather I would think running at the higher end of the optimal hot range would be of benefit so the pressure is a bit higher when starting out cold. .
In some ways, I am glad I can't watch while driving. On track, I watch oil and coolant temps and that's honestly enough to occupy time between shifts on the main straight at most tracks. I am happy to wait until I come off into the paddock to check tire pressures. I have settled on the best pressures for my set-up knowing that the pressures I measure after parking are probably already slightly lower than their peak in the last hot lap. I usually carry 90% corner speed on the cool down lap with minimal acceleration and braking, so the tires are still pretty hot when I get parked.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0