05-31-2019, 06:09 PM   #1
Slyphen
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Garage List
M2C or.....

So i'm in the market for a successor of my BRZ. I love my RWD subie and its my daily, while attending occasional track days and is a fully STX prepped competition car in autocross. But alas its almost time to move on to a new platform with a little more power, but whatever i get need to have similar or superior handling.

I'm currently entertaining 4 options as my daily/autocross car. The 997.2 C2S, M2C, C7 GS, and Cayman 981 GTS with a budget in the $60k range. I'm looking for some insights from people who drove/own any of the cars listed above.

Here are my thoughts.

Porsche 997.2 C2S: It's self explanatory... its a Porsche, and many argue its the last true 911 Porsche made. It has enough power, and handles like a dream. But it is the oldest out of the bunch and its difficult to find one between 60-70k range that doesn't have a lot of miles and is in good shape.

Corvette C7 Grand Sport: The brand/motorsport rival of porsche, and one of the best bang of the bucks sports car on the market. The GS has the C7Z chassis but doesn't try to kill you every time you get on the gas peddle. I hear it handles great and got just the right amount of power, and the interior is fairly nice with comfortable magnetic suspension for a daily, but turns into a scalpel on the track. its still a big and bulky car though... and no back seats.

Cayman 981 GTS: Mid engine Porsche with great handling. No back seats like the Vette, but damn its luxurious and quick. Its also a porsche... did i mention porsche? hard to find one on the market between 60-70k though.

M2 Competition: I can actually buy this car new and experience the whole "place an order with the dealer and follow it from the factory". I can probably wait for a year for the used market and spend the extra money on mods, where it would be very expensive for the porsche or limited for the vette. It has decent amount of room where i can actually seat 4 people if i have to, and road trip with it is probably not too bad. but it is the heaviest of the bunch at 3600lbs and will likely depreciate the most.

Of course being a Bimmer forum, i can expect some biases and i'm fine with that. thanks guys.

Last edited by Slyphen; 05-31-2019 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 0