View Single Post
      07-13-2020, 09:27 PM   #3
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_550 View Post
This has happened 2 or 3 times during track driving. Basically I've had a few instances of difficulty finding (engaging) 2nd gear (M2C 6MT) just after heavy braking and while beginning lateral load from turn-in (always to the right). I remember it happening at Daytona on Turn 3 and also at Sebring on Turn 7.

I have an AutoSolutions short shift kit with 95A bushing on left side and OE bushing on right side (long story short: Ron messed up and only sent one bushing).

I initially thought the problem was just me not being used to the SSK, but I've been driving it for some time now and beginning to wonder if the shifting under heavy load (and the bushings) may have something to do with it?

Anyone experience anything like this?
I remember your post when I was installing my Autosolutions SSK. I have tracked my M2 since installing mine and have much better and accurate shifts on the Track. My experience with the OEM bushings was similar to the one you have now. With OEM I would have some difficulty finding gears getting tossed about in OEM seat and not being planted in seat with harness. I would ask Ron to send out another bushing and match it to the left side. Having two different bushings could quite possibly be your problem.