View Single Post
      02-24-2020, 06:50 PM   #1
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

I won't bore everyone with the detailed background but after years of debating next car options, I decided on an M2C last September

I'm a long time BMW lover (e46 m3 dealer delivery traded on an e92 m3 PCD that will remain in the garage for years to come).

I approached a local dealer (helpful with M car orders in the past) in September about an Aug 2020 Euro delivery.

Dates, as they usually are, were key. I get a month long sabbatical for work in August and want to share the experience with my kids who will be out of school. And, I'm a huge F1 fan (10 races, 9 countries, 5 continents) so I couldn't pass up a euro delivery Spa/Monza combination. Both big bucket list races.

My wife agreed to the craziness as I turn 40 this year.

Here's where things went sideways:

My dealer told me to put in a $2500 deposit in December.

I was told in early February that I had a 2020 M2C allocation. I submitted my 3 dates and was told today BMW won't honor them on 2020 builds with EOP for June 30 2020.

So I asked about 2021 production and was told there is no info.

Dealer suggested a PCD in Aug on my 2020 or a return of my deposit. What!?

This was all about fulfilling a 12 year dream to get my next M car in Munich and live the ED trip (plus F1) I so envy and want to experience.

Any informed thoughts on how to handle? Or info on 2021 allocation releases? Or 2020 production dates that would allow for mid August euro delivery?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0