View Single Post
      08-29-2020, 02:42 AM   #82
RamonRuiz
Rep
Drives: BMW 120i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
There is no official fix for this issue, decoding the bulb checks is the only viable solution and it remaining active is the actual cause of this error.

The TSB currently available only applies to the pre-LCI, non-LED taillights (see below). You can plug in your VIN and see for yourself.

https://www.automd.com/tsb/bmw_m/

BMW AG is not going to download the Bimmercode APP, ApplePay $30 and then remove everyone's bulb check. For them to officially correct this particular issues, the changes would have implement into a full iLevel software revision, as they don't do individuals lines of coding changes, on an official franchise dealer-level.

So unless it's a federally-mandated recall, I sincerely doubt they're going invest the resources to developing a fix & then update the software of every owner's vehicle, just to address this non critical issue.

My guess is they'll just sweep it under the rug, until the models affected with this issue is eventually phased out of production. 🤫
And adding a resistor so blinkers draw more current as it was with incandescent ones?
Appreciate 0