medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87 M2CS View Post
Would you skipped them for 1K euro?
I think my number is $5k or less for the CCB option. If they could discount the CCB option to that level I'd probably check the box. But, if it were just a discount off the car, I'd probably take the standard brakes with the discount. It's more about what I'm getting for the money than the amount of money.

I don't like the yellow calipers with gold wheels as much as I like the red calipers with gold wheels, which is making it even more difficult to select CCB.

It will also come down to driving reviews. If the reviews come out as OMG the CS feels completely different on the street (in a good way) with CCB, then I'll most likely get them. If it comes out that you can only really tell on the track, then I won't. Improved street driving feel, plus less wheel cleaning is a win.

If the CS was primarily developed with the standard brakes, then I suspect that the weight savings of the CCB will be marginal. This development would also be why I would likely resist throwing in a lightweight battery. Shedding 40lbs on one corner of the vehicle would absolutely impact handling at speed since its at the outer edge of rotational center and likely change the moment of inertia. Folks modding an M2C can offset this with adjustable coilovers and corner balancing.

Edit: Just get a license plate M2 STI
Appreciate 1