Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Nic

I think I know what you mean but, to be clear . . . you mean the manual will be exclusive to the M2, while ZF8 exclusive to the M2C? As is the case with the G80/82, seems very possible.

If such were the case, then seems reasonable that BMW will release the M2 and M2C simultaneously. However, I believe the G80/82 M3/M4 - or, as you state, base models - can be upgraded to 'Competition Package,' which are not really different models.

I guess we will have to see if the G87 has separate M2 and M2C models, or an M2 with Competition Package? Honestly, latter makes good sense, and I think I would like it better than releasing two separate models at different times.

///AVM
Hey AVM,

Sorry for the confusion with the term "base" but you're spot on with what I was trying to convey. Basically will the G87 release simultaneously an entry level G87 along with a G87 competition, with the latter only being available with the ZF transmission. That would be a shame especially since I was itching to go back to a 6 spd in the best possible model available.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50