Garage List
1987 BMW 325is  [10.00]
2004 BMW X3  [6.50]
2018 Porsche 911 GT3  [10.00]
1974 BMW 2002tii  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 2 View Post
Ha! El Ban I don't know if you noticed me but I was in a white evo ix on the turnpike trying to catch up and get a good look at LBB.

I was planning to run the event but was having spark blow out issues so headed home. Glad you liked the event and hope to catch you in person the next time. MSCC is usually really relaxed I'm surprised someone protested. I'm hoping to eventually be able to autocross an M2 if I can get an allocation. The surface at Lake County Tech is really getting worn down. Pretty slippery in the cold
How would I not notice your EVO! Looked very clean. I was thinking for sure you were on your way to the event.

I am planning being there on the one scheduled for February so we can definitely have a chat there.

That's what I heard that MSCC is very relaxed and laid back and everyone is great. So I have no idea why the whole back and forward about the classification took place.

I'm thinking they protested initially thinking I would run faster but this is my first event in this car and although I have done road racing and Auto X before it has never been in a RWD car with power like the M2 has. So I was really just out there trying to get a feel of the car but the cold weather wasn't helping.

As soon as I rolled into inspection I had iDrive saying to inflate the tires cause they were too low for over 80mph driving and perform a reset. So after inflating and resetting it tried to recalculate. But it does it while driving. At that time I was already running my heat so it wasn't able to fully reset so I was blind as to temperature at each corner.

I spoke to a couple guys there, one in a Z06 and one in a Pontiac G8, both great talking about cars and they did confirm that the moment to turn off DSC was there since organizers would allow me to swing the car a bit without pulling me. They say they are tolerant with it as long as someone is not trying to drift the car the whole layout.

But being new to the car I was running nannies on.

Hope you make it out to the next one!