View Single Post
      07-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #67
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
Absolutley agree 100% I think the part that got people all in a tizzy was the comment about the (lame attempt) of a new camaro being slower than the 335
Honestly, I do get kinda pissed when people say it handles like a boat, because that's just not true. Many people in here would already have passed judgement on the interior and handling before even taking that test drive, therefore damning the results.

The new Camaro is technically not as nimble as the 335, as it relies on its huge power advantage (what is it - 426 vs 306 or something like that?) at the Ring, but the fact of the matter is in order for it to beat the E46 M3 and the 335 around that track, it in no way is a boat, even at 4000+ pounds. The car can go fast, in a straight line, and where you have to use the wheel as well. It's a damn fact now.

And the Douchy McDoucheterton who made the mullet comments has already established himself as an ignorant badge whore in this and other threads, so I won't even bother addressing that again. BMW drivers have to fight off some pretty unwanted stereotypes precipitated by people exactly like that, just as Maro drivers have the mullet/wifebeater stereotype to deal with.

Regardless, the worst part of the Maro's styling, to me, is the tail lights, which unfortunately is the part of the car we'll see the most of, especially if racing.

EDIT: And nobody start with the "well I got a JB3, catless DP's, FMIC, blah blah blah" because the Camro will respond incredibly well to a plethora of available mods, and still walk home with more cash in his wallet.
Appreciate 0