12-12-2020, 09:11 AM   #87
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
The S55 was used in the M4 GT4, M4 GTS, M2 CS Racing, M3/M4 CS, M2 CS, M3/M4...all higher tier than the OG M2...BMW is speaking for me...get over it!!!

If it has reliability issue, would all the abovementioned race cars still use it? Would all the F platform special editions use it? Wouldn't there already be a class action against BMW on the S55 given the number of M3, M4 sold worldwide? Wouldn't there be tons of warranty claims to BMW through the dealers' network worldwide? Better yet, go to the M3/M4 section and see how many S55 actually got an engine reliability issue that wasn't caused by excessive tuning...

I thrash my S55 winter and summer, day in and day out, regular 7500 rpm gear changes and no reliability issues here...not even a single code...sour grape enough?

It's fine people talk about the N55 mediocre engine sounds as if it's some sort of orchestral masterpiece or just simply dislike the S55 for god know whatever reason, as they are just personal opinions. However, spilling a nonfactual statement that the S55 is unreliable is totally moronic.

What I said was all well known facts, just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it's not popular enough for it to be an issue for other people. It will continue to show up in the forum therefore making it a continued conversation whether you like it or not.

The sour grape comment is always the go to reason here isn't it? Name calling just makes you feel better about yourself?
Just because you're an owner of a particular car means you can't see things objectively?
Both cars have their strong points. I just pointed out the weak points of M2C. Doesn't mean the M2 is better or perfect.

I've seen you around here long enough to know that you're one of those that believe whatever you own currently is the best ever and won't allow anyone to state anything against it, from the 1M now to the M2C. So I'll leave this since it's the last word needed and the extra arguing is not worth responding to.

Last edited by OG///M; 12-12-2020 at 09:23 AM..
Appreciate 0