View Single Post
      03-28-2017, 09:33 AM   #287
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by missedapex View Post
Guess I'm not the norm with carplay. For $300 I was pleasantly surprised that it worked as well as it does. All I really use it for though is pandora and integrated Nav. I'm not a fan of BMW Nav as I find it about as intuitive as the federal government. So anything to stay away from their nav is worth it to me.
That might be some of the issue - I'm a huge fan of Waze and if that worked instead of the Apple Maps, I might be able to try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
No it's not bad. Surprised you would consider it based on a "review" by someone who supposedly used it for less than a day.
When a call comes in during text reading, no more Bluetooth calls. It is a bug and serious enough that it was just about the final straw in using it (see other issue with only working with a few apps and there just was not any reason to keep trying).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarwin View Post
Find an attorney and file a class action suit against BMW for ripping us off. Then, the attorneys would get millions and each of us would get a $15 ITunes gift card for our troubles.

Seriously, BMWNA needs to hear from those who are disappointed. The last think a manufacturer wants is for its customers to be disappointed in their product based upon the failure of a vendor-supplied feature.
I think they monitor these boards - and when I bring my car in for the 1,200 mile service this Friday, I have it on my list to ask about an update. Their first iDrive was a POS and they refined it - I suspect both Apple and BMW will continue to make this better - and you are correct, at $300 it really is not that big of a deal. I think if they were charging $2,000 (and I had paid it), I would be slightly more ticked off
Appreciate 0