Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
Hi all,

I'm travelling to LightWeight Performance in Germany in April to get a new exhaust fitted to my M2 Comp and I wanted to know if I have to have the OPFs fitted if I'm based in the UK as opposed to mainland Europe?

Common sense says I will have to have them as we are still part of the EU (for the time being), but it would be good to get some clarity if anyone has more insight on this. I know LightWeight have an alternative exhaust for the US market without OPFs and I'd love to have that one installed, but I'm not overly optimistic that I can.

Cheers,

Karl
Check your PM, Karl! I replied to you. OPF removal makes your car illegal because your CoC is not compliant with the state the car is in and specifically on the matter of emissions. If you want to stay legal, keep the OPFs and buy a homologated slip-on. If you want to go illegal, then go for it and have loads of fun!

Don't forget to disable your back pressure sensors on the downpipes and EC tune the car accordingly. If you don't do it, then on your way back to the UK you will have to stand still on the hard shoulder a lot switching your car on and off to get your car out of limp mode.

MR
Appreciate 1
Karlosm2c290.50