12-09-2019, 04:18 PM   #12
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D CHOI View Post
I recently been testing out some burbles for stage 1 and I find it strange that sport and sport + sounds the same for aggression? I once had aggression at sport @1 and sport+@10 and yet sport poppin @10.

Also my default driving mode would be sport + given its in MDM mode which allows more burble. I assume the tune doesnt put sport in MDM mode. Therefore if i set a more aggressive burble it would be on sport instead of sport+ where as most ppl would be doing the other way around.

One thing to note is when aggression is at 10. The big pops come on effortlessly where as when I set to 8 it will have more burbles and if I want the big pop I just rev harder. It's good to have the ability to have both burbles and pops when u want it in a more controlled way. I'm gonna try to adjust to most aggressive without pops coming easily. I know its gonna be between 8-10 so Im gonna find thr threshold spot where it doesnt cross the line to more pops than burbles.

All these testings can be time consuming and also the duration is all part if the equation too. Any experienced bm3 burble users have some tips and insights they can share would be much appreciated.
From what I've experienced, let me just say it isn't straight forward. The aggression settings for Sport and Sport+ do not correlate perfectly to the car modes. If you adjust the BM3 aggression for Sport+, it ends up affecting Comfort, Sport, Sport+ and Traction burble, but each with differing degrees. Adjusting the BM3 Sport aggression appears to have no affect. The time value is different though. BM3 Sport+ seems to affect Sport and Sport+ settings. The Sport BM3 time setting appears to affect the Comfort and Traction settings.

Of course, this odd behaviour could vary between versions of code and the car flashed. Best way to find out is trial and error. Unfortunately the '3D' nature of the tunes don't always translate as expected to the '2D' sliders in the BM3 app.

I will also note my experience is with an N55 M2.

Below is my setting which basically equates to: quiet rumble in comfort, loud grumble in MDM and pops and bangs in Sport/Sport +:
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
D CHOI581.00
808F901.50