08-19-2019, 03:27 PM   #23
K-Fab
Dirt Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
And so it begins.

Ordered a set of 9.5 & 10.5 x 19 Apex EC-7 wheels. From what I was told, a few of the group buy people bailed due to delays in receiving so there are a couple sets that will be available. I went with silver (his suggestion) but in the comment box asked for Anthracite. I don't care what color I get - it's going on the track. I may get silly and get them powder coated amethyst or a similar shade of blue just for the fun of it anyhow.

Also have a set of Ground Control camber plates (for OEM suspension) on order with Apex - requested they send them now, not with the wheels.

Also decided that I'm going to throw Toyo R888R sneakers on it - 265 & 295

I've run the Toyos and wasn't overly impressed (was my first step into R compound - thought it was going to be a much bigger step than it was) but didn't dislike them either. Good balanced tire that lasts a bit.

My three choices were Toyos, Sport Cup 2 or Trofeo R. After looking at the price point, I went with the least expensive as my first set for the car.

I ran a set of Sport Cups once and didn't think they were better than the Toyos - mind you, I'm talking a comparison of R888 and Sport Cups, not the now available R888R and Sport Cup 2. I hear the SC2's are pretty darned good now.

I originally was going to hop on the Trofeo R band wagon (much better than the other two) but the 400 dollar price difference from the Toyos was enough to say "Let's just step in lightly at first."

Everyone that has 19" wheels needs to bombard Hoosier and tell them we need 275 & 295 30-19's. Those would be tits for this car.

So for now, I should be track ready (oh, crap... I need to order pads) with a setup that will let me play and get to know the car. Once I've got some seat time in it (probably a season's worth) I'll start messing with suspension.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW-What a Ride!'" - Anonymous
Appreciate 1
bentom2335.50