07-24-2019, 08:46 PM   #25
tux2005
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphung View Post
Which ti backing plates did you buy if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking of doing the same.

Have any of you guys toasted your dust boots from tracking? If this ends up happening to me, I'm wondering if it's a maintenance item I should address after the last track session of the season before winter rolls in (I'll be driving it in the winter too). Sounds like this might be an annual maintenance item if so, and I guess also means I shouldn't consider AP Racing calipers up front in the future since they don't come with dust boots by design.
I didn't check all of mine when I was swapping back to street pads but one or two of mine are also showing some signs of damage. I have already bought a bunch of replacements that I can install once I see them all looking rough (or before the winter).

I'd also be interested in Ti backing plates.

I think if I went the route of a AP BBK then I'd want to turn the car into a summer/track-only car and stop dallying it in the winter. I think I'll look into buying a BP-Engineering undertray with air scoops and running brake ducts to the backing plates before that though. I think going with that solution for the fronts and GT3 scoops/deflectors for the rear are probably the next step.
Appreciate 0