View Single Post
      04-13-2019, 08:32 PM   #4
grl.racr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, MK8 R, RS6 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by white2abbit View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience! I'll definitely make sure I get some solid winter tires.

What about the GT4 is more comfortable? I'm assuming by "sofa seats" you're referring to the GT4, and that you have the regular sport seats (not the carbon buckets)?

I actually don't find the GT4 that uncomfortable, it just doesn't feel like the kind of car you want to take around for running errands, sitting in traffic, etc.

Interestingly, in a few ways, it's more comfortable than my '98 E36 328i, just because it has electric steering, better stereo + connectivity, more sophisticated suspension, etc.
Yep the sport seats are surprisingly comfortable, and heated haha! I also think the car has better insulation so you don’t hear as much road noise, my m2 with mpe drones at highway speeds. The m2 gearing does it a disservice in that instance since typical cruising speed (120ish km) in 6th sits at 3k rpm and is a bit annoying.

The GT4 feels like more of an occasion to drive and I don’t like running errands with it either. It’s a bit of a pain. I find visibility tricky and lack of sensors means I won’t bother trying to parallel park on queen st, no front lift means no downtown parking garages etc. The m2 has good clearance and is easier to maneuver in that sense. I’m still careful where I park but I don’t worry about ripping the bumper off going up an incline lol.
Appreciate 0