09-24-2018, 12:08 PM   #8
Soren535
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
BMW M2C 500 Mile Review (Not Broken in Yet!)

Brakes:
Ok, holy crap these brakes have bite! For the first 200 miles I had get used to them. I found myself paying extra attention to my brake modulation when coming to a stop. As I added more miles, either I got used to them or they just finally bedded. I like the silver calipers. The color goes with every exterior.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought this, it felt like I was trying to learn left foot braking all over again but now it was my right foot that had no sensitivity. It's nearly an on/off switch at low speeds, which made for a rougher ride in stop and go traffic for the first few days. After a few days I got used to the stronger brakes, but once in a while I still brake a little harder than needed if I'm not consciously making an effort to be softer with my right foot

Different story on the track of course, great stopping power although I did experience brake fade sooner than I would have expected. I have never run stock pads on the track until now because I have read plenty of threads warning against doing so, but since this was during ED I had no choice. That scary soft pedal feeling put track pads to the top of my mod list yet again

ChrisK Thanks for taking the time to write up that review!
Appreciate 1
ChrisK4449.00