01-18-2020, 02:04 PM   #226
widetyres
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
I really don't get how ppl are telling me it's not a problem with the tune. (you're not the only one) The tune is advertised as not needing a fuel pump upgrade and it's potentially catastrophic to flash this without one. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue, just the first one who noticed it. And I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't SeanWRT asking for winter logs. I would've never took a log if it wasn't for him asking for one.

I've reached out to Halim in 4 different ways over the last week or so. No response.

This is 4th gear btw. For future reference, the log shows what gear you're in.
I think the issue is that some HPFP can take it and some can't, so BM3 may be reluctant to alter the tune. Just comparing our logs, mine drops 7% pressure in low gears only, but yours is dropping 12% in 4th. I do agree that BM3 OTS maps are pushing the boundaries of a lot of factors, HPFP being one of them.

I think I will do the B48 HPFP mod - it is only a slight improvement (~6% more fuel), but it's enough to pretty much cover the fuel deficit I currently have. I do not want to spend 2K on an XDI pump.

Last edited by widetyres; 01-18-2020 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0