View Single Post
      12-30-2019, 10:42 AM   #54
SafariEdition
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3papa View Post
Regarding the mixed set (RE71R/Yoko), I ran the 285/30-18 Stones front with 295/30-18 Yoko rears at Nat's in my M3. It was magic, my driving less so. Ido W. (owner of the winning car) took it for a run on the practice course and was grinning ear to ear.
Yeah, Ido is a pretty good friend of mine and he told me about his drive in your car and how much he liked it. Thats most likely what I'll end up doing if I cant get the 295's to fit up front. I'm not so worried about the 295's on a 9" wheel...I ran them on a 9.5 in AS and REALLY liked it. the extra half inch may be what makes/breaks it, but wont know til I try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4speed View Post
... but I'm thinking a lot of the improvement in handling might be from the significantly lower ride height. That 285 front is about 1" shorter tire than stock, and the 295 rear is pretty close to 1" shorter too. Downside is lower top speed in gears if top of 2nd gear is a big deal, otherwise top of 2nd is decreased to about 63-64 mph?
Another friend of mine did the math on the 295 for the rears. You may lose some gearing top speed for 2nd, but you make up a lot of torque to the ground. It puts the torque closer to what the M2C has, which should help even the playing field between them. Again, not sure if the benefit will outweigh the loss in top speed, but we'll have to see.