03-24-2019, 05:08 PM   #136
Halim@HCP
Banned
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acexxon View Post
I just updated to 5.7 and went out for a quick drive, it's a relatively nice and cool tonight (60F)

Noticed a couple of things right away:

Exhaust sounds muffled compare to 5.5 (I didn't update to 5.6), burbles are there, and still very loud...

The car pulls harder than before and I can tell that right away. I've had BM3 since the first OTC map was available and this 5.7 is a rocket.

I don't know much about data logging and what not, but I assume Halim@HCP has tested everything and made sure all is safe? My AWRON gauge picked up a max exhaust temp of 1300 degrees C. Which kinda surprised me considering I wasn't even driving that hard, then again Halim pointed out a while ago that exhaust temp reading from the AWRON gauge may not be accurate.

The power is there, the muffled exhaust sound just sounded awkward and I hope it's not something we should be worried about. Will hit the track on Monday and see how it goes under warmer weather and more extreme conditions. I too prefer consistency over max gain.
1300C is extremely high and doesn't make sense, that value is calculated and never above 800-900C when pushed very hard round a track.

Muffled sound? Maybe you should try to open the exhaust flaps in sport mode in the config menu for the OTS map.
Appreciate 0