View Single Post
      05-16-2020, 10:42 PM   #5
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

I don't understand what your problem is when you say "I am doubtful I will be able to get it done due to lockdown" Do you mean because your dealer is closed? Or because you are afraid of them contaminated your car? Or is it some other reason?

My two local dealers are still open for service. Just about every week I get an email from them advertising they're open for service and offering specials and discounts. I think they're trying to bring in service sales to compensate for the lack of auto sales. They're even advertising free pickup and delivery of your vehicle, so you don't have to see anyone. Which, I understand isn't super helpful if you're concerned of them contaminating your car and it not being sanitized properly before you get in it.

I was thinking about this back in early March. When there was less known about the coronavirus and it was being said it lasted on surfaces for 7-14 days. Now they say it's even less for surfaces. 2hrs for fabrics and 2 days for metals and glass...

Let them pick up my car after 2 days of me not driving it, then not drive it myself for 2 days after they drop it off. To make sure any surface contamination is dead and gone.

With your short commute to work, take a taxi, walk, or ride a bike to/from as time passes.
Appreciate 0