View Single Post
      08-31-2019, 08:28 AM   #4
skier219
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i, M2C, Ferrari 328

Took my M2C about 4-5 days in port of Baltimore before it got turned over to the trucking company, then another 2-3 days before the truck got on the road. The tracking website doesn't really help, and I was piecing together info from my sales rep and BMW Genius who had more details (I was going to be tied up with work the following week, so we were trying to nail down a delivery date). If I had only gone by the BMW website, it would have been at the port for 7-8 days and a complete mystery.

I didn't ask for any parts installed, but the dealer defaults to adding wheel locks to their ordered cars, which is a port option. Pretty sure the initial delay was because the car had to get in a queue for the wheel lock install. Other folks on the same ship with no accessories only sat in port for 2-3 days. The trucking company may wait to line up a proper shipment on their truck for efficient routes, so that may cause additional delays after the car leaves port but before it gets on the road to you.

If there is damage and the car needs repair, then you'll be sitting at port much longer, probably at least 2-3-4 weeks. People worry about this, but for short delays under 2 weeks it's rarely the cause.

The dealer can get more detailed tracking info, and look at work orders on the vehicle, and give you better information.
Appreciate 0