Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoyes View Post
Hmmm. Check my math here (rounding to three places):
Stock = 245/265 = .925
255/275 = .927
255/285 = .895
265/285 = .930
Sure looks like 255/275 Is nearly a dead ringer ratio-wise, 265/285 is pretty darn close too.

I don't track much, but have done enough autocross to cook a set of tires every year for the last 7 (in an E36 M3), so am confident saying the RE-71r is fantastic. The Rival S 1.5s I ran last year were great too, but not quite as good cool or wet as the RE71s. The ZII Star Specs and first gen Rivals I ran before that were very good, but not magic like the RE-71rs. In 19" 200 treadwear, I just don't see another tire right now that I'd consider for AX. I'll just live with the on-street poor wear in exchange for the off street performance.

On the TPMS issue: it costs a little more to have it, but I think worth the $. Better to be able to have access to what limited modes are available in the M2 (and they are too limited IMO, but that's how it is). I'll run all nannies off for AX, but it's nice to have a little computer backup if it's bombing rain or a friend is trying it out.
Agreed on keeping TPMS, plus itÂ’s nice to see changes in temp and PSI on iDrive.

On the ratios, I meant the percentage tread width increase in the fronts and rears. Tirerack shows treadwidth measurements for each size and even if you give some of the measurements a couple extra tread width tenths bc of differing wheel sizes used by Tirerack vs OEM, the percentage change in the front and percentage change in the rear matches up best with 255/285.
Ah, I follow you now. Makes sense based on tread width or section width increase from stock. Just not sure if I want to get into height issues with the taller 285/35 on stock suspension either, and you can't get any 200 treadwear tire in a 19" 285/30. That'll have to wait til a move to 18". So within a narrow discussion of B-Street, things look a little different than if using the setup for other things.
Appreciate 0