04-01-2017, 10:04 PM   #292
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-2er View Post
Great that you got a chance to test drive the M2... more than I ever got... but it sucks you were limited to a Sunday cruise. I would agree that babying it will not let any of the main pluses of the M2 shine. Still looks great, of course. But yeah, how are you supposed to appreciate the differentiation in driving dynamic at that level?

But I bet you didn't power around any corners. That would have shown you one difference right away.
I didn't get a chance to power around corners, you're correct. It was mainly me, and I don't think the dealer would have minded. I get that way when I'm test driving a new car.

I honestly think BMW has something built in to limit a car slightly during break in. I have no proof of this, and I know most won't agree, but I swear it seems like my M235i ran better after 1200 miles. Even in comfort mode it felt stronger.

I usually don't really push a car until after I've bought it and it's mine. I'm positive I would love the M2 after owning it and driving it on my own.
Appreciate 0