MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
Right now, I'm debating between this exhaust, or wait and save $$ and get the Akra eventually.

Just from sound clips, this one sounded deeper but not "as loud" or has the full range of frequency tunes that that Akra has, but in terms of sound, it sounded very close to what the Akra sounded on the e90 M3, which is what I am looking for.

Is it possible to just expand on your commentary on the exhaust a bit more, ?and perhaps add some personal opinions on differences (pros/cons) vs the Akra?
You are located in the U.S.? The question in connection to the exhaust is budget. What are you willing to spend? Sound track is rather hard, because it is so personal and not one exhaust sounds in real life like what you hear on video, like none...

Therefore making a comparison is an interesting one. For me the Akrapovic is a combination of passion for the brand and simply wanting the best exhaust out there (IMO). That is not because of sound, just simply because it is the best made and engineered system out there. Nobody will say otherwise, but that comes at a price.

The AC Schnitzer system is nice, but sssst it is based on a Remus homologated system. You can opt for a Remus Race system and you have a much better sound track. If there wasn't an Akrapovic, I would have opted for Remus instead. I love the sounds it makes and the high pitch snap it has on the overrun. Nice system!

MR
Appreciate 0