11-23-2019, 12:46 PM   #740
CSL335i
Lieutenant
Hungary
Rep
Drives: M2 and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Yeah maybe there's an issue here, but fault code 201101 on the attached PDF is the worry after a failed flash. BTW non of these showed up on BM3...

(TCB fault is because we live in an area with no phone signal, water pump fault was damaged loom wire that i fixed after this)

Once up it wouldn't clear without a modified MAP from PTF, even when flashing back to stock.

My message to folks without ISTA is don't just think by flashing back to stock you'll be fine, always check for fault codes....
I experienced the same 201101 tamper protection and data manipulation code on my M2 Comp (EU spec with OPF). It took a few lock and unlock process and flashes via ODB (my DME is still on pre march version) to solve the problem. I am using M4 CS map on my M2 Comp with OPF delete as i have removed OPF.

I do not know, wheather PTF has silently involved something in the related map or in the ODB agent or any other part of their software, or maybe the right sequence of steps or all of them resulted with proper flash, but that was my gold steps:

- Relock DME and flash back to factory software. Tamp prot error sorted out as expected.
- Delete the Stage 0+ M4 CS map from My Maps
- Pick up the Stage 0+ M4 CS map from OTS Maps again
- Configure Stage 0+ M4 CS map under My Maps
- Download the map, Flash later (!!!)
- Flash with ECU unlock

If i Download the map and flash it in one session, than it results Tamper protection error (which is very strange).

And i can read the tamp prot (and other errors) with BM3 software

I hope it helps.
Appreciate 0