View Single Post
      09-06-2023, 04:34 PM   #9
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Thanks for sharing. I like this well sorted approach to your goals. In the coding you have Euro MDM. Did you notice a difference when going from stock to Euro? I run MDM at the track in the CS and rarely do I get interference. I've contemplated turning everything off, but a Performance Center instructor suggested there is no point if I'm doing my part to drive the right line. I'm curious if you keep it in MDM, switch it off? If you switched it off what was your tipping point, or where did you notice MDM holding you back?
I can speak to the difference on the street: it’s significant. 2nd gear powerslides would trigger intervention of MDM with far less angle and more abruptly. Updated MDM to CS aka euro setting and the difference was startling. It will let you nearly loop it before shutting down the party.

Never tracked in MDM pre-coding but have post and when I nearly looped it in a hairpin on track it again let the car get beyond entirely sideways before saving my ass. Can’t speak to what the stock MDM parameter allows but expect it would be far more conservative on track as I experienced on the street.

Last edited by ThreeStripes; 09-06-2023 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0