View Single Post
      02-09-2020, 08:29 PM   #2
raymondlo84
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 2017 6MT, M4 2016 6MT

I got the same error, they tried to fix it and they said they have to replace the instrument cluster. After 3 months later it came back and I have a feeling it is a design issue. Bringing my car in on Wed and maybe will give an update here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyno View Post
I just got this CEL fault code yesterday. It's for an ambient temperature sensor that i think is in the front bumper somewhere.

Anyway's, I've put an Akra catted DP and their exhaust on a few weeks ago and initially thought it was something to do with that.

Question is, I had to mess around with one of the wiring harness's in the trunk while i was hooking up the controls for the Exhaust valves. Anyone have any idea if that sensor get's wired through the trunk area?

I didn't have to cut any wires or anything but i had to loosen the wiring harness and pull a couple of wires apart gingerly to fit them into the control box. I'm wondering if i put the wrong set of wires through and somehow it's throwing off that sensor if it does get routed into the back. I haven't tried to use button to open/close the valves and have just been letting the sport settings do it automatically.
Appreciate 1