BMW Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2NYC15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyL128 View Post
At anything over $80K, you have a choice of a slightly used M3/4CS with warranty and faster around the Nurburgring. You can also buy a brand new C8 Corvette which is even faster! I've owned the M2 and upgraded to the M2C for the engine. I do not DD my M2C, it is purely a fun/weekend/track car for me. I can afford the M2CS, but for my money a C8 Corvette with the Z51 package and the MagneRide suspension will be more fun on track. I buy my cars to drive and take them on track. I have a Corvette on order and I was offered a M2CS allocation at MSRP. I passed on the M2CS. But, I will keep my M2C.
With no manual option. If you are looking for a fast car around the green hell, sure. However, what really sets this apart from the 4CS is the manual option. For car enthusiasts, this will be the deciding factor for a future collectable and desirability with 4CS performance in a shorter wheel base. I do think its priced a little too high but not terrible. Considering all of this, it will be a great buy for the future. Just my honest opinion on all of this.
All my BMWs have been manual. The C8 Corvette has a DCT which I will still shift, but I just don't have a clutch pedal. I have had lots of fun with my 6 speed M2C on track. But, on track, DCT is faster.

Yes, if I was to buy a M2CS, it would have been a manual. But, I don't buy my cars to sit as a collectible, I buy them to drive and enjoy.
Appreciate 0