View Single Post
      10-28-2019, 10:56 AM   #35
MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
I've been to BMW Welt a few times (former job had an office in Munich) and so I'm admittedly less inclined to really want to do a ED. But I DO understand why folks would really want to do it. You can really spend an entire day going thru it and the museum next door and driving around the Autobahn is pure joy - it's these cars natural environment.

My bigger concern is than whether they are made in Mexico or Leipzig is that they don't muck it up. We know they won't be basing it on UKL with a FWD so there's a bullet dodged and they have said it will have an I6 ... BUT ... they could still decide to not offer manual, only offer the M240 as a 4 cyl M235 or worst of all PUT AN UGLY GIANT GRILL ON IT.

If there is any reason to travel to Munich it's not for ED, it's to start a protest outside BMW Welt carrying "NO UGLY GIANT GRILL ON THE M2" signs until they promise not to do it.

Probably the only thing that will save it, though, is the M2 not being as popular in China due to not being flashy (read: douchy) enough.
Appreciate 2
J-RO2078.00