06-27-2016, 03:48 PM   #31
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowflash21 View Post
I wasn't sure how to name the topic, but I found an awesome and unusual thing today.

There seems to be a little "Easter egg" hidden in standard M2 exhaust and its driving modes.

As you all know if you push driving mode to Sport+ the exhaust clap would open and drastically the sound is way louder and you would hear burble when lifting of the gas pedal occasionally and exhaust is warm.

Now, today after 2 months of owning of my M2, I was in comfort mode engine was cold and I just pressed the driving stability button shortly to be in limited stability mode.

All of the sudden the exhaust started to burble like crazy and so loud in 1,2 and 3 gear between 2-4k range.

First, I thought that I was running nuts then I started to change like maniac between other modes, Sport to Sport+ back to comfort and then to Stability control completely off, but simply the loudness and longevity of exhaust burble can't be compared with any other mode so far.

I would like to hear if anyone else has noticed this if not, I would like if someone can give it a try.

It's ridiculous how addictive it sounds...

Once again, start your car in comfort mode and press DSC button once shortly to put it in limited mode and drive and lift the gas pedal in 1,2 and 3 gear from 4k RPM range to 2k RPM range.

One more thing I have 6speed manual, so for DCT owners change to manual shifting mode if it's possible in comfort mode.
Wow, well tried this with my DCT and yes - it really works - pops/bangs are louder and the i think the howl is louder too.

Bloody hell, this stock exhaust is so good, I am not sure you need to upgrade it (maybe just a sports cat if you must)

Thanks so much for this post!!!