06-21-2016, 09:55 AM   #157
bringonthenite
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i XDrive M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
I have the same complaints, but those are mainly x cars which are cars I personally don't care about, nor are they part of the core BMW brand or were never made in Germany. They are specially made for the North American market. Moving the whole 3 series to Mexico for the North American market is a massive change in BMW that effects a wide range of people and is a major shift in the company. We pay a premium for BMW, and part of the value (for me anyway) in part with the extra dollars is know it was outsourced or made by the lowest bidder "over seas". In the end some will continue to buy BMWs, but by the time I'm ready to replace my F80 if the current M3 is made in Mexico when I'm ready to add buy another I'll simply move on to a different brand.

I'll tell you another thing about this that bugs me. Generations of Germans have built this company, and now their jobs have shipped overseas. Germans are very proud of what they've built, and if you,be been you know especially in southern Germany BMW is a jewel in the crown. It's a shame their jobs are being shipped over seas to the lowest bidder.

I'm sure the person cheering for Mexico wouldn't be happy if a major Mexican brand shipped to China causing many Mexicans to loose their jobs, and the integrety of the brand built by Mexicans be diluted now that Mexicans no longer put their pride and energy into maintaining it.

Sign of the times, but doesn't mean I'll subscribe to it.
BMW saves in labour costs and imports the cars into the USA and Canada via NAFTA. We still pay a higher price while BMW makes more offshore profits.
Appreciate 1